SOUTHWEST FLORIDA SMALL FARMERS NETWORK
The Southwest Florida Small Farmers Network (SWFSFN) connects growers to a resource-network focused on diversified and sustainable farming systems. The group, facilitated by the UF/IFAS Agriculture Extension agents of Sarasota, Lee and Collier counties, aims to help address the priorities, issues, and needs identified by small farmers through education.Open to farmers from Hillsborough County south to Collier County, the group's meetings typically include a farm visit featuring a farmer-led walk and description of the farm operations in conjunction with Extension presentations on topics pre-selected by the membership. Additional activities include a growers meeting, pot-luck lunch and seed swap. The intended audience includes beginner as well as established small farmers who want to develop a regional network of producers with similar interests and evaluate alternative enterprises first-hand. Membership is open and at no cost.
- Connect with the Southwest Florida Small Farmers Network
- View upcoming courses
- Learn more about what Extension is doing to support local agriculture
Meet a SWFSFN Farmer
- Meet Bill Pischer of Jessica's Organic Farm in Sarasota County and Chris & Eva Worden of the Worden Farm in Charlotte County.
- Meet Tim and Sandra Eland
- Meet Ted Burt
- Meet Vincent Dessberg
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors!
- Eden Organic Nursery Services
- Seed Savers Exchange
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Tomato Growers Supply Company