Everyone has to deal with money, whether budgeting, buying insurance, planning for retirement, or saving to buy a house. Use the resources on these pages to become a more informed and empowered money manager.
- Basic Money Management
Budgeting, recordkeeping, and financial education.
- Consumer Rights
Credit protection laws, consumer education, and how to avoid fraud and financial abuse.
- Credit & Debt Management
Choosing a credit card, cutting costs, getting financial counseling, and avoiding extra fees.
- End of Life Issues
Resources that offer answers to legal, ethical, and financial questions.
- Holiday Spending
Budgeting for the holidays, avoiding overspending, using credit cards, and handling seasonal stressors.
Auto, flood, health, and life insurance are just a few of the kinds of insurance available.
Estate planning, retirement accounts, social security, and reverse mortgages.
- Saving & Investing
Financial planning, banking, investment advisers, and protecting your money.
For information about energy efficiency and other topics related to saving money while being environmentally friendly, see Sustainable Living: Consumers.
- Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences
- Family Album Radio
- Financial Management--Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences
- Young Investor Program
State & Federal Agencies
- Consumer Action Website--FCIC
- The Federal Reserve Board Consumer Information
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Florida Department of Financial Services
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- MyMoney.gov--Financial Education and Literacy Commission
- Office of Community Services--U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)