To live in harmony with the Florida environment, we need to be aware of how our lives intersect with and affect it. We offer information about the animal and plant species that live here, as well as the coasts, estuaries, forests, swamps, lakes, hammocks, and wetlands that make our state unique, so you can enjoy--and help preserve--these treasures.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
See what animal activities are happening in the first month of spring. More..
Learn about Florida's water resources, including information on watersheds and public policy. More...
Prevent the spread of invasive aquatic plants with these recommendations. More...
Find out about barn owls—nocturnal birds of prey with heart-shaped faces. More...
See what wildlife happenings are in store for February. More...
Discover what problems you may encounter when dealing with nuisance wildlife and how to handle them. More...
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department
- Center for Aquatic & Invasive Plants
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Fishing for Success
- Florida Invasive Plant Education Initiative & Curriculum
- Florida Lakewatch
- Florida Master Naturalist Program
- Florida Natural Resources Leadership Institute
- Florida Sea Grant
- Florida Wildlife Extension
- Living Green
- Mosquito Information
- Natural Areas Training Academy
- Pesticide Information Office
- School of Forest Resources and Conservation
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- Soil and Water Science Department
- TAME Invasives Portal
State & Federal Agencies
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- USDA Forest Service
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)