To live in harmony with the Florida environment, we need to be aware of how our lives intersect with and affect it. We offer information about the animal and plant species that live here, as well as the coasts, estuaries, forests, swamps, lakes, hammocks, and wetlands that make our state unique, so you can enjoy—and help preserve—these treasures.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
Discover the commercial and recreational regulations for this year's stone crab season. More...
From black bears feeding for winter to migrating falcons and ducks, find out this month's wildlife happenings. More...
Whether it's a baby bird or a young squirrel, learn how to help orphaned and injured wildlife. More...
Go off the beaten path and discover where to hike in Florida, what to bring, and more. More...
Use these tips to make your landscape more friendly and beneficial to wildlife. More...
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department
- Center for Aquatic & Invasive Plants
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Fishing for Success
- Florida Invasive Plant Education Initiative & Curriculum
- Florida Lakewatch
- Florida Master Naturalist Program
- Florida Natural Resources Leadership Institute
- Florida Sea Grant
- Florida Wildlife Extension
- Living Green
- Mosquito Information
- Natural Areas Training Academy
- Pesticide Information Office
- School of Forest Resources and Conservation
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- Soil and Water Science Department
- TAME Invasives Portal
State & Federal Agencies
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- USDA Forest Service
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)