Having a Healthy Holiday
Throughout the holidays, many people laugh with loved ones, exchange gifts with friends, or help those less fortunate. While all of these holiday traditions are important, people should make sure they take care of themselves, too.
Use the following tips to keep you and your family healthy and holiday this season.
- Even in Florida winter can bring freezing temperatures, so be sure to stay warm.
- Take time to get your physical exams, screenings, and/or vaccinations.
- Prevent the spread of germs and illnesses by frequently washing your hands.
- Keep a watchful eye on your children while they’re eating and playing.
- The holidays don’t only bring laughter and cheer, but they tend to bring lots of food—be sure to safely prep and cook food.
- Do not (and do not let others) drink and drive—instead, call a cab service, a relative, or friend to take you home.
- Whether it’s going on walks, playing outdoor games, or riding bikes, stay active throughout the holidays.
- Find ways to relax if you’re feeling stressed from the holidays—exercising, taking a bath, or reading a book can help.
- Allow yourself to get enough sleep each night.
- Limit your alcohol consumption over the holidays, and eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Buckle up when driving or riding in a car—it will keep you safe, and it’s the law in Florida.