4-H Day at the Capitol
In mid-March, 4-Hers from around the state converge around the Florida Capitol to learn more about their government, visit historic landmarks, and meet with their legislators. In the past, 4-H has been recognized on the floors of the House and Senate, and the day has been proclaimed "4-H Day"!
4-Hers of all ages are invited to participate in the following activities:
- Join hands for Hands Around the Capitol.
- Tour the Capitol building.
- Visit the 4-H display.
- Speak with state 4-H leaders.
- Participate in a tour with county agents. (Make arrangements in advance.)
- Visit legislators. (Make appointments in advance.)
There are also opportunities to tour historic sites such as the New and Old State Capitols, the Florida Supreme Court, the Museum of Florida History, and the Museum of Black Archives. At the Florida Supreme Court, 4-Hers can participate in mock oral arguments, gaining insight into the United States judicial system.
Read more about the 4-H Day at the Capitol.
- Florida 4-H Events Calendar
- Online Sunshine: Official Internet Site of the Florida Legislature
- Online Sunshine for Kids--Florida Legislature