This page contains information you can use about foodborne illness, food handling and preparation, and food allergies, among other important topics related to food safety.
- Choosing Safe Foods
Pesticides, genetically modified foods, clean water, food and drug interactions.
- Disaster Preparation & Recovery
Storing nonperishable food and bottled water, and cooking during a disaster.
- Food Allergies
Decoding food labels and understanding food senstivities and allergies.
- Foodborne Illness
Contamination, food- and waterborne pathogens, and proper handwashing information.
- Preparation & Handling
Safe food handling, especially for eggs, seafood, and take-out.
- Storage & Preservation
Canning, drying, freezing, and storage.
- Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences
- Family Album Radio
- Food Safety and Quality Program
- Food Science and Human Nutrition Department
- National Food Safety Database
State & Federal Agencies
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- FDACS Division of Food Safety
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS)