Pests & Pesticide Information
Pests such as weeds and certain insects provide daily challenges to agriculture and landscapes in Florida. It is important to have the correct information for both the identification of pests and means by which to eliminate or control them. Please visit the sites below for information on Pests & Pesticides.
University of Florida Sites
- Featured Creatures - this site is operated by the UF Department of Entomology and Nematology. It provides in-depth profiles of insects, nematodes, arachnids, and others.
- Florida Corn Insect Identification Guide
- UF/IFAS Pest Alert - this blog site provides up-to-date information on current pest threats.
- Insect Identification Form - this form (SR022) must accompany samples that are submitted to the UF/IFAS Insect Identification Service.
- Nematode Assay Form - this form must accompany samples that are submitted to the UF/IFAS Nematode Assay Laboratory. Please see EDIS Publication ENY-027 for Sampling Instructions for Nematode Assays.
- Sample Submission Guide for Plant Diagnostic Clinics of the Florida Plant Diagnostic Network - this publication provides instruction for the submission of samples to a Plant Diagnostic Center within the State of Florida.
- UF Plant Disease Identification Submission Form - this publication provides the submission form, guidelines, and cost information for identification of plant diseases through the UF Plant Diagnostic Center.
EDIS Publications Concerning Pest Identification and Management
- Plant Directory from UF/IFAS Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants - This site provides identification of plants by scientific and common name.
- Florida Weed Identification - This site provides information on common weeds found in Florida pastures.
- Weed Management by subtopic
- Weed Management Guides
- Insect Behavior and Biocontrol Research (USDA/ARS)
- IPM World
- National Integrated Pest Management Network - Southern Region
- Weed Photo Gallery - University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program
University of Florida Sites
University of Florida Online Publications (EDIS)
- Publications from the UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office
- Pesticide Recordkeeping
- FDACS Suggested Pesticide Recordkeeping Form
- Calibration of Herbicide Applicators
State & Federal Agencies
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Division of Agricultural Environmental Services
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Pest Control Licensing and Certification
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Request for Change of Information for Pesticide Applicator License
- USDA/ARS Pesticide Date Program
- Environmental Protection Agency - Pesticides